I’m Kayllisti of Kayllisti’s Quill. Welcome to my personal journal.
So what can you expect from this Kayllisti’s Quill? Simply put: the things I care about. Of course, it doesn’t really make sense to write about anything else. This will largely be a personal journal. You shouldn’t expect a retelling of my daily life. What you should expect is a collection of my ideas, likes, opinions, and stories.
What you should know about me:
- I have a degree in art history, and I love writing about art.
- I am a current student and a future teacher obtaining a masters in education and an ESL teaching license.
- I walked 905 km across France in the summer of 2015. I love trekking, and I hope to trek all over the world.
- I play a lot of video games, especially CPU MMORPG.
- I read often, mostly graphic novels, fantasy, science fiction, and 19th century British literature.
- I want to love all the animals. I currently have two cats and a dog. I hope to someday have my own chickens and a few goats.
- I enjoy writing short stories, though sharing them with others is often a painful process.
- I will watch nearly any TV show or movie where women get to kick some ass.
- Here’s what accounts for nearly 100% of my free time: reading, studying, playing video games, watching Netflix, online shopping, hiking, writing, cooking.
Some things that I don’t like:
- being in rooms with too many strangers, with “too many” being defined as “more than zero”.
- people who bring selfie sticks to museums.
- accidentally walking into the petite section of a clothing store.
- doing math.
- fruit flavoring in iced tea.
- gory medical scenes on TV.
- suspense, thriller, horror movies.
- alcohol, it just tastes bad. I’m not Mormon.
- the patriarchy. Oh, I went there.